« Home | Senegal Flood relief » | Katrina » | First Day Of Coverage » | It Is Beginning... » | I Don't Get It Somtimes... » | What A Summer! » | Hello » | Quick Update » | Geocaching » | Home? »

New Bed

Ok, once again I am really sorry about the long stretch between the last post and this one. Since I am scrambling for something quick to post I will tell you about our new bed. The school recently got a container in from the States and on it were several new mattresses. Somehow we were chosen to get a new mattress and box spring. Now this might sound like a fairly strange thing to be excited about but let me explain. Mattresses in Senegal are are quite a bit different than in the States. Our first mattress here was so hard that it was nearly impossible to sleep on at first but we eventually got sort of used to it. Now that we are in a different apartment we have had a better bed but still the firmness and general comfort of the bed leave something to be desired. So when we found out we were getting a new bed we were quite excited. Tonight will be the first night sleeping on the new bed so I will try to post a follow-up to let you know what we thought.