« Home | Winds Of Change » | The Long Arm Of The Law And The Short Sight Of The... » | Thief In The Day » | Sunburns » | Going Well » | Photos Of The Dorm » | A New Dorm » | We're Back On » | Austin Stone » | Separation Anxiety »

Spearfishing


Yesterday I went spearfishing with one of my friends who is also a dorm dad. We had a really great time. Spearfishing is a fairly common activity here in Senegal.


For those who do not know what it is you basically dive down in the ocean and shoot the fish that you would otherwise try to catch with a line and hook. It is a lot of fun and bit challenging as well.


I caught 3 fish and Jeremy caught another 3.
2 of mine were fairly small (a little bigger than my hand) and one was about the length of my forearm. Jeremy also caught a trumpet fish which believe it or not actually do make quite a loud noise when you spear them. I can't wait to go again!