« Home | Staff Retreat » | This was a really neat rock pier that was formed o... » | This is Michelle with Snake Island in the backgrou... » | This was a dock that was shaped like a boat. It ev... » | We had no-bake cookies for a snack this night afte... » | The girls were just getting ready to do their nigh... » | Michelle has been doing great job with the girl's... » | The Prayer Box » | Sickness » | David playing table tennis with one of the dorm st... »

Time For Some Fun

Ok, no need to try to catch up on the long period since the last post. I will just start fresh and hopefully do better at keeping the posts more regular. Today I (David) went spear fishing for the first time since I left Senegal over ten years ago. I caught two fish! We hired a Pirogue (Senegalese all purpose boat) to take us out to an area where there are many shipwrecks and a lighthouse which obviously was built much too late. It was quite a distance from the shore and the waves were very choppy but we made it out and back unharmed. It was really great even though the fish I caught, which looked absolutely huge in the water, turned out to be only 8 - 10 inches long (let's just say 10" since we are missionaries now). In any case it was a great time and I will definitely be going back to do that. On another fun note, we went to the beach this past Sunday and I was able to surf a wave until it died out on me! That was the first time I have ever been able to actually stand for that long. We do actually do some work around here but we occasionally need some fun too!