« Home | A Peek Inside The Mind Of An MK » | Photos » | Soccer » | Lice » | Sickness » | New Bed » | Senegal Flood relief » | Katrina » | First Day Of Coverage » | It Is Beginning... »

A Peek Inside The Mind Of An MK (Part II)

I had not anticipated having another post like this but I had a fun experience the other day that merits writing about. Last Friday morning I went spearfishing with a couple of students here. We had a nice time though the water was quite cloudy and therefore we could not see much past the tips of the spearguns. After realizing our defeat (once again) in the world of spearfishing we decided to do something we knew we would succeed at like laying on the beach. But while we were walking back from the spearfishing spot one of the boy's sandals got caught on a rock and broke. While some might think that he now was going to have to spend the rest of the day shoeless, he saw a great opportunity. You see, he spotted an old mo-ped tire on the rocks. As I saw him walking toward me holding this thing I wondered what he planning to do with it. I soon saw his plan and I must say it was quite smart. He pulled out his trusty Buck knife and began cutting the tire in strips that would match his foot size. He then cut small holes in the mid-front and both sides of the back. After this he removed the the old "thong" part of his broken flip-flops and attached them via the newly cut holes in the tire parts. Amazingly the new tread shoes were not at all uncomfortable and they actually looked really cool. I was secretly jealous that I had not thought of the idea and that I did not have cool new tread shoes.

note: photos coming soon. I just realized that both these posts have had to do with shoes... How odd.